Since the inclusion of a complimentary Flow Bee Veil with all of our Flow Hive purchases, this accessory has become extremely popular with our Flow community. We are delighted to now have on offer a new improved version of this versatile veil in GOTS certified unbleached organic cotton.
A comfortable, lightweight hat with a thin nylon veil attached. Handy as a precaution for sting prevention of your head and face when doing minor chores around your beehives, or for giving to a friend to wear on an apiary tour.
Flow Hive technology drastically reduces the chance of being stung during harvest, however, even the friendliest hive can get cranky sometimes.
These veils offer convenient sting prevention for your face, however, are not suitable for use when getting up close and personal with an open hive or a cranky colony.
Our new GOTS Flow Veil is manufactured from 100% unbleached certified organic cotton. It features a 6.5cm wide brim to keep you cool whilst attending to your hive, providing ample sun protection.
New features also included:
- 4 brass eyelets around the side of the crown for ventilation
- Soft GOTS cotton inside facing for optimal comfort
- Reinforced seams for durability
- The brim is hand sewn for quality and finish
- Thick cotton neck cord with large securing toggle to keep the hat firmly in place - no matter what the wind or beekeeper are doing, or which gloves are worn.
- Nylon veil is light and cool to wear and is 60cm long to offer optimal sting prevention.
One size fits most.
This beekeeping kit includes our highest grade, unbleached, GOTS certified organic cotton beekeeper suit emblazoned with the Flow logo on it’s breast pocket. Equipped head-to-toe with durable, high quality YKK zippers, a fully removable fencing veil, plus anti-bunch elastic thumb and ankle stirrups – these suits offer the ultimate in sting prevention.
- Veil: Hand wash only.
- Suit: Remove veil from suit for machine washing in cold water. Tumble dry low. Remove promptly. Best to air dry in shade. No bleach.
- Gloves: Hand wash in cold water. Hang to dry in shade. Do not use a dryer. No bleach.
Beekeeping is a labour of love. As with all animal husbandry, it’s a pastime which requires knowledge, skill and dedication and which carries with it inherent risks.
Beekeeping suits and other personal protective equipment can offer excellent prevention against bee stings, but are not 100 percent effective. It’s important new beekeepers exercise caution when tending to their hives and are comfortable with the fact that sooner or later, all beekeepers get stung.
Check out this Flow sponsored safety pamphlet covering common beekeeping safety risks and first aid responses.
New to beekeeping and not sure where to start?
Beekeeping is such a fascinating pastime enjoyed the world over by people from all walks of life.
Learning about looking after your bees is a fascinating and truly rewarding experience. They are amazing little creatures!
We love welcoming new beekeepers worldwide into the Flow family and have a swarm of resources to assist you in your journey.
Included with the purchase of any of our Flow products is support from our knowledgeable Flow team via:
A handy interactive guide explaining the fundamentals of beekeeping.
Weather permitting, the Flow team host weekly Facebook Live events.
Have Flow product questions? We’re here to help, and operate during Australian business hours, Monday to Friday.
- Email - Our friendly support staff will get back to you ASAP
- Phone - Kick back and have a good old chat with Trace
- Live chat - Get fast answers to your buzzing questions
Official Flow answers to frequently asked questions.
Ask general questions regarding beekeeping, and have them answered by the worldwide Flow community – or read through different topics to find your answer!